No Nonsense Personal Injury Attorney with 34 years experience in El Segundo, CA
Serving Los Angeles and all of California
WE PROTECT OUR CLIENTS WITH EMPATHY AND COMPASSION WHILE AGGRESSIVELY MAKING THEIR CLAIMS AGAINST RESPONSIBLE PARTIES.
The Law Offices of Sanford Jossen in El Segundo offers experienced legal representation for victims of catastrophic personal injuries and sexual abuse. We are a non-traditional law firm that has no fear of fighting governmental entities and insurance companies. We work on a team approach from the beginning of your claim through trial so that you have a consistent team backing you up through the entire claim process. We are not a “mill”. We serve out of a passionate desire to help others who suffer serious injuries. Our staff is warm, responsive and understanding of the effects serious trauma can cause. You can rely on us for committed, aggressive representation in cases related to:
- Child Sexual Abuse and Molestation — We understand the lifelong effects of child sexual abuse. For 30 years, Mr. Jossen has represented children in claims for damages due to institutional negligence at public and private schools, in foster care, at religious institutions, and in public and private childcare facilities.
- Auto Accidents/Bicycle Accidents — We represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians and bicyclists throughout California who are seriously injured in traffic accidents due to another driver’s negligence.
- Motorcycle Accidents — A lifelong rider (over 50 years), Mr. Jossen understands bikes and fights to ensure that injured motorcyclists and their passengers are properly compensated.
- Government Claims — Many of our cases are against government entities, requiring particular knowledge of specific requirements. We have repeatedly and successfully litigated against the State of California, the County of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, numerous cities and school districts, and other municipal entities.
- Premises Liability — We represent those injured due to dangerous and defective conditions.
- Police Excessive Force
- Over Detention in Jail or Miscalculation of Sentence
- Wrongful Death
- Business Litigation
We offer personal concierge service for victims of serious injury. We take a personal interest in each client we represent. That is what makes us different from any other law firm!
Experienced at maximizing recovery for injured clients
The purpose of any civil lawsuit is to obtain as much money as possible in order to restore you to the condition you were in before being injured. We are not intimidated when filing claims against large, powerful defendants. We meticulously explore every aspect of your loss to maximize your recovery. We work with physicians, career counselors, psychologists, engineers, and other experts to assemble persuasive evidence to make your case. Through a painstaking, step-by-step approach, Mr. Jossen has been able to obtain six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts for our clients, which can be seen on our Noteworthy Results and Appeals page. Those results include:
- $5,000,000 verdict: Minor raped by a neighbor
- $1,000,000 settlement: Minor molested by teacher
- $885,000 settlement: Police excessive force
- $785,000 settlement: Minor raped by foster father over two-year period
- $500,000 settlement: Man falls from roof due to landlord negligence
- $475,000 settlement: Rear-end, multiple-impact car crash
- $290,000 settlement: Prisoner over detained
We do not back down. When a fair settlement cannot be obtained, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
Mr. Jossen has earned the respect of his colleagues, his opponents and the judiciary. He is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, a recognition of ethics and professionalism in the practice of law, and has been named on the Super Lawyers list for 10 years.
Rely on our legal experience for your serious injury or sexual abuse litigation
The Law Offices of Sanford Jossen takes injury cases on a contingency fee basis, so you never pay upfront legal fees, and only pay after you receive compensation. Come to our El Segundo office for a free consultation and case evaluation. Contact us online or call 888-671-3718. Se habla español.