Personal Injury Attorney in El Segundo, CA with 32 years of experience
Serving Los Angeles, the South Bay and all of California
WE WORK ON CONTINGENCY FOR VICTIMS OF INJURIES. NO RECOVERY = NO FEE.
The El Segundo based Law Offices of Sanford Jossen offers clients experienced legal help for those who suffer serious or catastrophic personal injuries. We focus on:
- SEXUAL ABUSE and MOLESTATION OF CHILDREN in all circumstances. including but not limited to in foster care, public and private school settings, public and private child care facilities, religious institutions and others;
- AUTOMOBILE accidents, BUS accidents, TRUCK accidents, MOTORCYCLE accidents, BICYCLE accidents,
- PREMISES LIABILITY [dangerous premises] and dangerous conditions on public and private property;
- POLICE ABUSE AND EXCESSIVE FORCE CLAIMS;
- BUSINESS LITIGATION including but not limited to partnership disputes, breach of contract claims;
- CONSUMER CLAIMS of all kinds including insurance claims, retail claims, automobile purchase, Lemon Law.
- GOVERNMENT CLAIMS. Mr. Jossen has represented people with claims against government entities for almost 30 years. This is a very complex and specialized area and not every attorney is knowledgeable about the special requirements of cases involving claims against government entities. For this kind of claim, you need a specialist.
We have almost 32 years of experience working in these areas of law. Mr. Josser’s background goes beyond this and reflects a long history of fighting for social justice.
We see ourselves as a non-traditional law firm that takes a personal interest in each case we undertake. Our staff is involved with and will be familiar with all aspects of your case. We are not a “mill”. Our choice of areas of practice comes out of our own personal experience and a passionate desire and deep commitment to help others who have been in the same positions we have experienced in our own lives. We understand the serious, deep and life-long personal effects of child molestation and abuse. For over 25 years, Mr. Jossen has represented children in the Dependency system in their claims for sexual molestation and abuse, institutional negligence and for injuries at school.
Need a motorcycle accident lawyer? Ask your lawyer if he rides. Mr. Jossen does [for over 50 years].
Need a lawyer for a bicycle accident? Ask your lawyer if he rides. Mr. Jossen has ridden a bicycle from San Francisco to Los Angeles-Twice!
Need a business litigation lawyer, Mr. Jossen grew up running a business in New York City. He understands the economics, difficulties and challenges of running a business.
Mr. Jossen has obtained six and seven figure settlements for his clients.
Some of the cases we are currently working on are described below and reflect the type of work we do:
- Currently representing an 8 year old girl in second grade who was molested by her teacher in a public school and who videotaped the molestation. The teacher formerly worked in another school district where he was the subject of 3 investigations involving allegations of molestation. Prior school district never reported the allegations to the state and current school district never did a background check.
- Currently representing male minor molested by other minor in foster care.
- Male shot and killed by police. We represent daughter in excessive force claim.
- Woman rear-ended. Has one surgery. Another pending.
- 1 ½ year old toddler has all toes amputated when beach agency fails to clean out fire pits before daily use.
- 21 year old beat up, tasered and jailed for 4 days by police.
3 cases involving over detention in the State Prison system due to calculation errors in length of incarceration. [Seeking class certification].
Woman falls over hidden wires in grass at school.
Car turns in front of client. Client’s car rolled 3 times. Client needs surgery.
Numerous vehicle accidents resulting in clients needing surgeries for neck, back injuries and knees.
A small list of Mr. Jossen’s results on behalf of his clients:
- $5,000,000 Verdict: Minor raped by a neighbor.
- $250,000 Verdict: Minor raped by another child in foster home.
- $194,670 Verdict: Minor raped by adult.
- $785,000 Settlement: Minor raped by foster father over 2 year period.
- $600,000 Settlement: Minor burned in shower by foster parent.
- $500,000 Settlement: Minor raped by child in group home.
- $500,000 Settlement: Man falls off roof due to negligence of owner. Policy limit payout.
- $395,000 Settlement: Developmentally disabled boy awols and wanders onto freeway. Struck by car.
- $350,000 Settlement: Minor burned in foster care.
- $320,000 Settlement: Foster parent neglects developmentally disabled minor.
- $300,000 Settlement: Woman injured in head-on car accident. Uninsured Motorist Policy limit payout.
- $300,000 Settlement: Man delivering escrow documents in mall slips and falls on stairs. Shoulder injury and surgery.
- $300,000 Settlement: Minor female raped in foster home. Policy limit payout.
- $300,00 Settlement [Policy limits] Auto vs. Auto. Client has cervical surgery.
- $285,000 Settlement: Woman rear-ended in auto v auto accident.
- $250,000 Settlement: Civil rights claim. False imprisonment of children in delinquency facilities.
- $250,000 Settlement: Direct T.V. installer falls on web stairway. Shoulder injury.
- $125,000 Settlement: Exposure to hydrogen sulfide at construction site due to construction negligence.
- $100,000 Settlement: Harley-Davidson motorcycle rider injured in intersection accident. Policy limit payout.
- $100,000 Settlement [Policy limits] passenger in car. Receives epidural injections.
- $83,000 Settlement: Pedestrian falls on city sidewalk adjacent to popular supermarket.
Reasons to put your trust in us:
Mr. Jossen has almost 32 years of experience representing injured people in claims against private parties, big companies and government entities. We are not intimidated. Mr. Jossen has been active in the legal community having served on many committees, done extensive pro bono work for the court and extensive work as a Mediator and Arbitrator for both the Los Angeles Superior Court and the Federal Court. Mr. Jossen has earned the respect of his colleagues, his opponents and the Judiciary as a result of his hard work, diligence and thorough approach as well as his personable manner. It is critical that the attorney you hire to represent you has the respect of defense attorneys and Judges.
You can judge Mr. Jossen's standing among peers through his noteworthy recognitions, such as being named in SuperLawyers and his AV Preeminent Rating(TM) through Martindale-Hubbell®.
Attorney Sanford Jossen has successfully mediated or arbitrated more than 2,500 cases. This experience has enabled him to determine the value of a case. When necessary, he also takes cases to trial and obtains fair results for clients.
We do not back down. When a fair settlement cannot be obtained, we will NOT hesitate to take your case to trial.
Our office is conveniently located. Our staff is warm and responsive. We respect your time, concerns and need for privacy. Our staff is passionate about our clients and protecting your rights, no matter who or how big the adversary is.
Our legal focus
We handle serious traditional personal injury lawsuits, such as motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, and products liability. However, we also have a unique focus championing the cause of children who suffer serious injuries as a result of extreme abuse, molestation and neglect as well as from personal injuries. We have repeatedly litigated against the County of Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services, numerous school districts, and the State of California. We take cases that involve victims of sexual assault/molestation, neglect and abuse in schools and other institutional entities.
We devote the majority of our representation to these principal areas of practice:
We fight to get you paid for your medical bills, lost earnings, and future medical care, changes in your condition and pain and suffering.
The purpose of any civil lawsuit is to obtain as much money as possible for you in order to restore you to the condition you were in before being injured and to get you money for any medical care you need as a result of the accident as well as to recover your lost earnings. We meticulously explore every area of your life where you have been damaged or suffered a loss in order to maximize your recovery.
We take great satisfaction in helping accident victims obtain full compensation for their past and future medical bills, time lost from work, pain and suffering, and more. We regularly work with physicians, engineers, and other experts to maximize your recovery, through settlement or in front of a jury.
Rely on our legal experience
Come to our office for a free consultation and case evaluation. Do not hesitate to contact us online or call toll free at 866.862.6607. Se habla español.