Dedicated El Segundo Auto Accident Attorney Fights for People Hurt In Car Crashes
Seasoned California lawyer helps clients collect fair compensation
When an auto accident caused by another driver leads to medical bills and forces you out of work, it may be impossible to fathom how you will pay for your health care and provide for your family. At the Law Offices of Sanford Jossen in El Segundo, we provide exceptional legal representation to help injured Californians obtain prompt, fair financial recoveries. Through insurance claims, settlement negotiation and litigation, we pursue the compensation our clients need to cover immediate and long-term auto accident expenses. Our firm has decades of experience practicing personal injury law throughout Greater Los Angeles.
Caring professionals help injured clients with insurance claims and litigation
The severity of a motor vehicle collision often depends on the speed and direction of both vehicles, as well as the types of vehicles involved. Catastrophic injuries are more common for pedestrians, bicyclists and victims of motorcycle accidents and truck accidents.
Common car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Skull fracture
- Broken limbs
- Broken ribs
- Broken wrists
- Spinal cord injury
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Knee trauma
- Internal bleeding
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Even if you are lucky enough to escape an accident with only a minor injury, you may still have to go through a frustrating insurance claims process to recoup vehicle repair costs and medical expenses.
Our firm’s accomplished injury attorney helps people who are hurt in car accidents establish fault and seek compensation from insurance companies. If you are incorrectly accused of being wholly or partially responsible for the accident that injured you, we will contest that assertion. In cases where litigation offers the best route to financial recovery, we engage in aggressive settlement negotiation and take liable parties to court.
Focused Southern California lawyer establishes fault behind car accidents
Traffic in Los Angeles is famously terrible, and the number of vehicles on the road creates increased opportunities for collisions. More than 50,000 auto accidents are reported in the Los Angeles area every year, with a fatal accident occurring approximately once every 36 hours. Motor vehicle collisions account for a leading cause of premature death in L.A. County, stealing the lives of hundreds of people annually. Thousands more survive accidents but contend with life-altering injuries.
If you were hurt in a California car accident, you may seek to collect damages from any at-fault individual or entity. When a plaintiff is partially responsible for the accident, California’s pure comparative negligence rule reduces the total damage award by the percentage of fault assigned to the plaintiff. To secure maximum compensation, it is necessary to demonstrate how the accident occurred and to establish the fault of other parties.
Common causes of accidents include:
- Distracted driving — A driver who takes their eyes off the road to look at a phone, dashboard screen or other distraction may fail to spot potential danger in time to avoid an accident.
- Speeding — A driver who exceeds the speed limit may cause significantly more harm in a collision than a driver traveling at a reasonable speed.
- Impaired operation — Consuming drugs or alcohol makes a person unfit to operate a vehicle. Even if a driver is not convicted of a DUI, there may be sufficient evidence to show that he or she was impaired behind the wheel.
- Poor road maintenance — Potholes, uneven pavement, faded paint, malfunctioning traffic lights and other road maintenance issues can be disastrous for drivers. A municipal entity may be at fault for poor road conditions.
- Mechanical failure — A vehicle manufacturer that does not issue a recall for a hazardous product, or a mechanic who charges for services that were not performed properly, may be at fault if their actions contribute to an accident.
Law enforcement officers, insurance adjusters and others might place an undue amount of blame on you for the accident. In these cases, we fight to overcome these false evaluations. Our firm has handled thousands of auto accident cases. We examine cases quickly to pinpoint the critical factors needed to achieve a successful result.
Contact a reputable El Segundo car accident attorney for your free case evaluation
The Law Offices of Sanford Jossen in El Segundo seeks monetary compensation for drivers, passengers and pedestrians injured in Los Angeles-area car accidents. To schedule a free consultation or case evaluation, call 888-671-3718 or contact us online.