Skillful El Segundo Lawyer Helps Catastrophic Injury Victims Find Relief
Respected California litigator represents clients injured in serious accidents
At the Law Offices of Sanford Jossen in El Segundo, we prepare catastrophic injury lawsuits with the meticulous attention and dedication they require. Catastrophic injuries tend to be awfully expensive to treat, requiring costly surgeries, extended hospital stays, long-term rehabilitative therapy, assistive devices, home modifications and regular check-ups. In hopes of avoiding potentially massive payouts, insurance companies and personal injury defendants often make lowball settlement offers or fight tooth and nail to avoid legal liability. With more than 39 years’ experience litigating complicated catastrophic injury cases, Attorney Sanford Jossen has a long record of achieving positive results for California clients.
Accomplished Los Angeles County firm seeks compensation for injured clients
An injury is classified as catastrophic when it causes permanent or long-term pain or disability. Catastrophic injuries are life-changing. A person who sustains this type of injury may be unable to return to work or to participate in leisure activities they enjoyed before the injury. The following may be classified as catastrophic injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries — A traumatic brain injury may cause memory loss, mental disability, personality changes or other permanent medical conditions.
- Spinal cord injuries — An injury to the spinal cord may result in partial or total paralysis or nerve damage.
- Loss of limb — A limb may be severed in an accident or so severely injured or infected that medical amputation becomes necessary.
- Multiple broken bones — A person who suffers multiple bone fractures may find it impossible to take care of their own basic needs.
- Damage to internal organs — Blunt force trauma, puncture wounds and electrocution are among the injuries that may cause irreparable damage to organs. Excision of part or all of an organ may be required.
- Loss of sight or hearing — Partial or complete blindness and deafness may result from a brain injury or damage to the nerves or soft tissue.
- Severe burns — Nearly 500,000 people in the United States receive medical treatment for burn injuries every year. Third- and fourth-degree burns may be sustained in many ways, including from chemicals, fires and electrocution.
The purpose of a monetary award in a personal injury case is to pay for what is needed to help the injured person get as close as possible to the condition they were in before the injury. The financial compensation sought in a personal injury lawsuit should therefore reflect the value of accident-related expenses the injured person will contend with for the rest of their life.
A seasoned plaintiff-side injury attorney, Attorney Jossen has a detailed understanding of the immediate and long-term expenses common to catastrophic injury cases. Our firm knows the importance of seeking large monetary awards and justifying calculations before a jury.
Committed attorney establishes how human error leads to major injuries
A tragic reality is that catastrophic injuries often occur in places where we should feel safe. Medical malpractice and workplace accidents can lead to lifelong disability. Distracted and impaired drivers are capable of inflicting unfathomable harm in car accidents. Gas explosions and defective heating systems can cause severe burns on people minding their business at home.
Preventable catastrophic injuries are often attributed to:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Manufacturing accidents
- Electrical accidents
- Surgical error
- Negligent patient care
- Defective products
- Unsafe property conditions
Wherever your accident occurred, we will thoroughly investigate all possible causes. We consult doctors, psychiatrists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, engineers, accident reconstruction professionals and other experts to help us clearly establish what led to the accident as well as the long-term effects and costs likely to be associated with your injury. These professionals can also serve as expert witnesses during arbitration and civil litigation.
Contact a hardworking El Segundo catastrophic injury attorney for a free consultation
At the Law Offices of Sanford Jossen in El Segundo, we battle for Californians who suffer catastrophic injuries in accidents. Our Los Angeles County firm vigorously pursues substantial monetary awards appropriate for serious accident cases. To schedule your free initial consultation, call 310-546-9118 or contact us online.